We are committed to ensuring that all our online and in store customers’ personal information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
To process your order sometimes we need to share your details with a trusted third party partner who is providing a service (such as delivery couriers, IT business support or payment processors). Without sharing certain personal data, we would be unable to complete your order.
We do not sell or share your personal data with anyone else.
All our online transactions are processed through Barclays ePDQ system. Barclays handle the payment process ensuring high levels of security. We urge all customers to sign up to the VISA / MASTERCARD Authentification process. This is an additional security check that benefits both the consumer and retailer from fraudulent transactions.
In store and Telephone orders are processed through one of our Barclays Secure PDQ terminals. Once a telephone payment has been authorised your card details are destroyed.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address and/or phone number
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to contact forms, customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
As well as processing your order, we may require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- If you have given permission to do so, we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You may click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any such emails to change your preferences at any time.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets us know when you visit our website. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
We use Google Analytics’ 3rd-party audience data such as age, gender, and interests to better understanding the behaviour of our customers and work with companies that collect information about your online activities to provide advertising targeted to suit your interests and preferences. For example, you may see certain ads on other websites because we contract with Google and other similar companies such as Facebook to target our ads based on information we or they have collected, including information that was collected through automated means (such as cookies and web beacons). These companies also use automated technologies to collect information when you click on our ads, which helps track and manage the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect please contact us.
Embedded Content Cookies:
Some of our pages have embedded third party cookies (cookies set by other sites through our pages) which enable you to view video content from websites such as YouTube or Vimeo and Share and Like links from websites such as Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. As a result, when you visit a page containing such content, you may be presented with cookies from these websites.
Bestbuys does not control the dissemination of these cookies and you should check the relevant third party’s website for more information.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites, and those sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any such emails.
- You may opt out of the automated collection of information by third-party ad networks for the purpose of delivering advertisements tailored to your interests, by visiting the “Your Online Choices” page or opt-out of your Google Display Network Ads’ preferences.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting, only if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Bestbuys, Nene Court, The Embankment, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, NN8 1LD.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.